Want to wrap a gift for Christmas or a birthday?
But you don't have enough wrapping paper?
No matter how you place the gift, the paper is still too short?
No need to buy gift wrap though!
You can use the diagonal wrapping technique to successfully wrap it.
Don't worry, it's quite simple and extremely effective. Watch the trick in video:
- wrapping paper
1. Put your gift diagonally, right in the middle of the wrapping paper.
Note: you should be able to cover each corner of the box by pulling the corners of the wrapping paper up, like in the video above.
2. Raise the corner of the wrapping paper closest to you .
3. Pass this corner over the box and tape it.
4. Next, take one of the wrapping paper corners on the side of the box .
5. Fold it inwards, so that this part of the wrapping paper lines up with the corner of your box, like below:
6. Put a small piece of Scotch tape to hold the paper in place.
7. Do exactly the same for the other side of the box. Fold the paper by pushing it inwards, so that this part goes up and the paper is flat and aligned.
8. To make the last side , simply push the side of the wrapping paper inward just enough so that the outer part of the wrapping paper can rise and align vertically against the corner of the box.
9. Do the same folding on the very last corner of the box.
10. Now you can fold the last side up and put the last piece of Scotch tape.
There you go, you managed to wrap your gift when you thought you didn't have enough paper :-)
Easy, fast and efficient, right?
Not only does this trick work if you've cut a gift wrap that's too small...
...but in addition, it will save you wrapping paper because you use less each time!